Getting paid for your digital lectures is much easier than you might think. In this guide, we'll go over everything you need to consider to get started!1. Plan your lecture
Are you going to produce a new lecture or sell access to an already recorded one? Which topics should be covered? Are there practice tasks that can provide extra value?2. Record your video content
What should you consider when recording your video content? What equipment is needed How good must the quality be?3. Start selling on VOYD.tv
How to create a selling VOYD channel? How should you price your lecture?4. Promote your lecture
How do you market your lecture and reach both existing and new customers?
1. Plan your lecture
By planning ahead you save time for yourself while increasing value for your buyers. Work through and answer the following questions:
- Who is the lecture primarily for?
- What can the person who buys access to your lecture expect to get out of watching it?
- What prior knowledge, if any, does the viewer need?
- Is it possible to elaborate on what you are lecturing on?
- Are there exercises to share with the viewer to make them get more out of the lecture?
- Do you need special props for the recording?
- Should the lecture be sold as a pay per view, as a package together with more lectures or subscription?
2. Record your video content
It's important to remember that your buyers are buying access to your video content for the content's sake. They don't necessarily expect a professional production in a studio environment.
Here are some tips:
- Stage the lighting and background so that it will be a good experience for the viewer. Avoid backlight and shifting sun.
- Think about how the viewer will view your video content. Film in landscape format for computer and TV and in portrait format for mobile. Shoot in both formats if in doubt. Rather shoot too much than too little.
- Use a tripod and/or enlist the help of a friend to get the best video possible, and feel free to film from multiple angles to make it easy for the viewer to understand.
- You don't need professional equipment. Smartphones work great. If you want to learn more about how to film professionally with your mobile phone, you can read our guide "5 tips for filming professionally with your mobile phone". Prioritize the sound quality. If you want to learn more about how to get a good sound, you can read our guide "5 tips for a successful sound". If you want to know more about different types of microphones, you can read our guide "Choose the right microphone for your recording".
3. Upload to VOYD.tv
Now that you've recorded your video content, it's time to start selling access to it on VOYD.tv. To simplify the process, here are some preparation tips:
- Prepare images in advance to make it easier to create your VOYD channel. You need images for your channel and for your videos. If you don't have good enough images of your own, there are free genre images to use on e.g. Pexels.com.
- Think through how you want to price your content. If you want a lot of subscribers and have tough competition, SEK 149/month can be a good starting point. If you feel that your content is more unique, up to SEK 899/month can work, in some cases even higher. You can always change the price afterwards if you don't sell as expected.
- Prepare descriptive texts about you, your channel and the film. Go to VOYD.tv and click Start VOYD Channel. Then just follow the instructions and you're up and running! If you want to learn more about how to create your VOYD channel, you can read our guide "Complete guide - 1: Create your VOYD channel". If you want to learn more about how to upload video to VOYD.tv, you can read our guide "Complete Guide - 2: Post Your First Video for Sale".
4. Promote your lecture
Congratulations! Now you have launched your digital lecture and can start monetising. Here are some tips on how you can promote it to further increase your sales:
- Give a gift to the first 50 people who sign up for a subscription or purchase. This motivates the buyer to act now and not to wait.
- Release free clips continuously on YouTube, LinkedIn and in your other social channels. Link to your VOYD channel in the clip and in descriptive texts.
- Link to your VOYD channel everywhere – in your Instagram bio, on your website, LinkedIn and in other relevant places.
- Send out an offer on e.g. 20% discount to your existing customers and promote your digital lecture at physical appearances. Contact us at VOYD if you need discount codes. Use your existing customer registers such as newsletters.
- Get in touch with us at VOYD via the chat here alternatively at VOYD.tv or by emailing email@example.com and we will help you further. Good luck with your sale!